Rick is the Sea Grant Extension Agent for Escambia County. His programs include topics on coastal invasive and nuisance species, restoring habitat and fisheries, monitoring water quality and biological indicators, and enhancing marine literacy for the community. He is a native of Pensacola and enjoys a variety of outdoor recreation activities with his family.
Posts by Rick O'Connor:
- Youth Science Lessons Marine Biology & Conservation – Lesson 2 – Interdependence
- The Great Scallop Search – 2020 Report
- High Nutrients in Our Bayous; Tips for Reducing the Problem
- Assessing Diamondback Terrapin Activity in the Bay; 2020 Report
- Youth Science Lesson – Marine Biology & Conservation Lesson 1 – Marine Environments
- What is the La Nina? did it impact our hurricane season?
- Youth Science Lessons – Energy in the Ocean – Lesson 3 Currents, Tides, and Waves
- Sea Grant Notes – Nov 13, 2020
- Fish of the Florida Panhandle – Sharks
- Youth Science Lessons – Energy in the Ocean – Lesson 2 Light & Sound