Big Lagoon and Santa Rosa Sound Scallop Search Postponed Due to Bad Water Conditions
The first of two bay scallop searches set up by Florida Sea Grant in Big Lagoon and Santa Rosa Sound will be postponed. The first was scheduled for this Saturday – June 24 – but water conditions as result of the recent weather have made snorkeling for scallops almost impossible; the water visibility is zero. We do have another planned for August 5. We can still sign people up for specific grid locations. If you are interested in surveying Santa Rosa Sound contact Chris Verlinde (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you are interested in surveying Big Lagoon contact Rick O’Connor (email@example.com).