Rick is the Sea Grant Extension Agent for Escambia County. His programs include topics on coastal invasive and nuisance species, restoring habitat and fisheries, monitoring water quality and biological indicators, and enhancing marine literacy for the community. He is a native of Pensacola and enjoys a variety of outdoor recreation activities with his family.
Posts by Rick O'Connor:
- What’s Up With the Rattlesnakes?
- Red Tide… a look at this problem
- An Invasive Plant is Sneaking Back in the Pensacola Bay Area
- Really? Praying Mantis will Stalk and Kill Hummingbirds
- 2018 Annual LAKEWATCH Report for Escambia County Water Quality
- Nature Notes – The Blue Crab
- A New Nature Trail near Perdido Bay – The Way
- Our “Seahawk”; the Osprey
- Restoring the Health of Pensacola Bay, What Can You Do to Help? – Fecal Bacteria
- After Shark Week; What Visitors Need to Know About Sharks