Rick is the Sea Grant Extension Agent for Escambia County. His programs include topics on coastal invasive and nuisance species, restoring habitat and fisheries, monitoring water quality and biological indicators, and enhancing marine literacy for the community. He is a native of Pensacola and enjoys a variety of outdoor recreation activities with his family.
Posts by Rick O'Connor:
- What is the La Nina? did it impact our hurricane season?
- Youth Science Lessons – Energy in the Ocean – Lesson 3 Currents, Tides, and Waves
- Sea Grant Notes – Nov 13, 2020
- Fish of the Florida Panhandle – Sharks
- Youth Science Lessons – Energy in the Ocean – Lesson 2 Light & Sound
- Sea Grant Notes – Nov 6, 2020
- Fish Found in Our Local Seagrass Beds
- Youth Science Lessons – Energy in the Ocean Lesson 1 – Temperature & Pressure
- Sea Grant Notes – Oct 30, 2020
- Youth Science Lessons – The Water Planet – Lesson 4 Climate Change