Wildlife of Florida: A Webinar Series
Join UF/IFAS Extension Agents, Shannon Carnevale and Lara Milligan, for a series of webinars on Florida’s diverse wildlife.
Wildlife of Florida: A Webinar Series will take place every Monday, April 20 – May 25, 2020, from 2PM – 3PM Eastern Daylight Time.
Participants will learn about the biology and behavior of wildlife species in Florida. This program will highlight some frequently encountered wildlife, ways to identify these different species, and discuss their important role in Florida ecosystems. Every webinar will share information on how Floridians can peacefully coexist with local wildlife.
These events take place online, in a webinar room. Registered participants will receive the web link via email at the time of registration.
2020 Webinar Topics and Dates:
- Coyotes: April 20, 2-3PM (RECORDING)
- Snakes: April 27, 2-3PM (RECORDING, or BLOG)
- Gopher Tortoises: May 4, 2-3PM (RECORDING)
- Bats: May 11, 2-3PM (RECORDING)
- Birds: May 18, 2-3PM (RECORDING, or BLOG)
- Owls: May 25, 2-3PM (RECORDING, or BLOG)
- All registered participants will receive a link to the webinar in their confirmation email
- All webinar recordings will be available for viewing within one week.
- Posted recordings will have closed captioning
- Webinars will begin promptly at 2PM Eastern Daylight Time
If you enjoyed this series and would like to read more about commonly confused plants and animals in Florida, you can find more here:
University of Florida IFAS Extension is committed to diversity of people, thought and opinion, to inclusiveness and to equal opportunity. UF/IFAS Extension is an Equal Opportunity Institution.