Career opportunity: Sustainability Outreach Specialist
NOTE: The application period for this position closed in February 2019.
Are you interested in a career in sustainability? Are you a people person with a passion for teaching others about how to care for the environment? Do you have experience working with multiple groups and volunteers on energy efficiency? If so, then you might be interested in being our next sustainability outreach specialist. This position will be at our UF/IFAS Extension and Sustainability office in Sarasota County at Twin Lakes Park.
Programs this position will be working on include:
- The Energy Upgrade volunteer program – working with our volunteer energy coaches to do energy and water efficiency upgrades in low-income housing units.
- The Partners for Green Places grant project – a partnership between numerous organizations that will allow local non-profits to assess and implement energy efficiency measures in their buildings.
- Annual Sustainable Communities Workshop – coordinating and planning a one day conference on sustainability priorities.
- Sustainability Classes: coordinating and teaching sustainability training and classes on priority topics, with a particular focus on energy, electric vehicles, green building, and sustainable living.
- Communication: Writing blogs, newsletters, and social media posts about sustainability topics.