Introducing the Explore Your World backpack!
The Explore Your World backpack kit is one of three backpacks designed by UF/IFAS Extension Sarasota County in partnership with Sarasota County Libraries. It is designed to help explorers of all ages get outside and explore their world.
Each Explore Your World kit packs all you’ll need to get started, including items, books, and activities designed to inspire exploration for all ages… from your neighborhood to nature!
Available for free check-out at all Sarasota County Libraries locations, this kit is a fun and educational option for families with children or relatives with visiting children.
- An activity guide on how to use each item and an associated activity
- Planisphere to discover constellations
- Magnifying glass
- Kid- friendly binoculars
- Florida birds, animals, plants, and seashore life field guides
- Underwater observation boat
- Nature circles with suggested outdoor activities
- All the World picture book by Liz Garton Scanlon
- Heroes of the Environment book by Harriet Rohmer
Where can I use it?
The backpack can be used both indoors and outdoors. Although, we recommend using it outdoors so that your child can take advantage of all the benefits that come with the outdoors. Spending time in nature inspires children’s imagination, builds their confidence, improves focus, supports their immune system, and reduces their stress! It can even help parents reduce their stress as well.
Not sure where to go outside? Check out one of Sarasota’s County or State Parks:
- Sarasota County Parks and Preserves
- Oscar Scherer State Park at 1843 South Tamiami Trail, Osprey, FL 34229
- Myakka River State Park at 13208 State Road 72 Sarasota, FL 34241
Take our survey for a chance to win a free prize!
Once you explore all the fun items inside, take a survey about your experience by following the link or QR code on the back of the activity guide and be entered into a drawing for a chance to win one of the backpack items!
Watch our video to learn more!
An Equal Opportunity Institution. UF/IFAS Extension, University of Florida, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, Nick T. Place, dean for UF/IFAS Extension. Sarasota County prohibits discrimination in all services, programs or activities. View the complete policy at www.scgov.net/ADA.