Flower Power: The Power of Native Flowers!
Join us on Saturday March 4th, 2023, from 8:30am to 3:30pm for our annual Garden Festival & Plant Sale at UF/IFAS Extension Orange County, 6021 S. Conway, Orlando, 32812. The theme for this year is Flower Power- The Power of Native Flowers! Hosted by the UF/IFAS Extension Orange County Master Gardener Volunteers, proceeds from this fundraiser help support our efforts to assist Orange County residents with their plant and soil questions, serve 4-H programs, and teach K-12 students how to garden and grow their own food. The event is free and is a fun day out for the entire family!
This year’s event will have more than 40 plant, art, and craft vendors. Plant and garden selections will include indoor and outdoor plants, fruit trees, Florida native plants, organic fertilizer, bonsai, and micro irrigation systems. Plus, there will be food trucks and a Kids’ Zone featuring crafts and a treasure hunt!
Interested in learning about the pH of your soil and how it may impact your plants growth? Drop off a sample for $2 to be tested by our Master Gardener Volunteers and receive recommendations if it needs amending.
UF/IFAS Extension Agent Emeritus Tom MacCubbin will take the stage at 11:00am to share his gardening expertise! And Master Gardener Volunteers will offer demonstrations and workshops as well as free diagnostic services for your plant problems.
- 10:00 am – How to Become a Master Gardener Volunteer by Clarissa Chairez, UF/IFAS Extension Orange County Master Gardener Volunteer Coordinator/Residential Horticulture Agent
- 11:00 am – Bulbs for Florida Landscape by Tom MacCubbin, UF/IFAS Extension Agent Emeritus
- 12:00 pm- Container Gardening by Calvin Gardner, UF/IFAS Extension Orange County Urban Residential Horticulture Agent
- 1:00 pm – Planning and Design of Urban Gardens by Fran Boettcher & Gary Lewis, Orange County Master Gardener Volunteers
- 2:00 pm- How to Propagate Plants by Cuttings by Clarissa Chairez, UF/IFAS Extension Orange County Master Gardener Volunteer Coordinator/Residential Horticulture Agent
- 12:10pm – Growing Plants from Seeds by Dena Wild, Orange County Master Gardener Volunteer
- 2:10pm – How to Propagate Plants from Cuttings by Clarissa Chairez, UF/IFAS Extension Orange County Master Gardener Volunteer Coordinator
- 11:00am – Staghorn Ferns by Mark Bennett, Orange County Master Gardener Volunteer
- 1:00pm – Only Rain Down the Drain by Tim DePalma, Orange County Master Gardener Volunteer
Follow us at our UF/IFAS Extension Orange County Facebook page for highlights on vendors, food trucks, speakers, and other details of our Plant Sale and Garden Festival.
Plants and Crafts Vendors
|1. Wriggle Brew||16. Nehrling Gardens||31. Mad Plants|
|2. Christmas Mills and Roastery||17. Regenerative Designs||32. 3 Seasons Growers|
|3. Two Glassy Broads||18. Cactus and Exotics||33. Orange Blossom Beekeepers Association|
|4. As Your Garden Grows||19. Just Knots & Knots||34. Carl’s Nursery|
|5. Beach Shack Chic||20. Plants and Pamperin||35. Mister Landscaper|
|6. Calusa Palms Nursery||21. Blue Moon Tropicals||36. Bromeliads Galore|
|7. Central Florida Fruit Society||22. Everly After Gardens||37. Land of Alice|
|8. Easy to Grow||23. Mainly Vandas||38. Revival Gardening|
|9. Ecofruit of Florida||24. Get Spiked Greens||39. Eltings Exotic Plants|
|10. Emily Baer Pottery||25. Concrete Art Handmade||40. Thomas Moreno Landscape Nursery|
|11. Green Isle Gardens||26. Greens Nursery||41. Emma’s Garden|
|12. Nature Based Jewelry by Laura||27. Grassroots Nursery||42. Vonrose|
|13. Lost World Exotics||28. Orlando Bonsai||43. She Builds With Love|
|14. Plants by Lee||29. Juanitas Herb Growers||44. Joy Arts & Crafts|
|15. My Crazy Plant Life||30. Mid Mod Urban Farm||45. UF Bookstore|
|52. Clean Water Petition||54. IDEAS For Us / Fleet Farming||56. Orange County Utilities – Water|
|53. Greater Orlando Orchid Society||55. OC Environmental Protection Division||57. USDA|
|Brock’s BBQ||Over Rice||The Crepe Company|
|One Way Coffee||Peak Season Pops||Walker Donut Factory|
- 4pm drawing
- Great Prizes! You do NOT need to be present to win. ✿
Kid Zone: 10am-3:30pm
- Located in the Garden Pavilion
- Flower Power! Look for out-sized flower windmills hidden among our own plants and flowers. As you explore the gardens keep an eye out for these flower windmills. ✿
- Crafts include: Flower Crafts ✿ Paper Crafts ✿ Finger Puppets ✿ Scavenger Hunt
- 4-H Activities: Planting Wildflowers ✿
Exploration Garden Tours:
- Tours begin at the Master Gardener tent at the West entrance to the Gardens. ✿
- Start times will be 8:45 am, 10:45 am and 12:45 pm, with tours as requested until 3:30 pm. ✿
Plant Drop-Off / Pick-Up Stations:
- Bought too much to carry? Drop-off your purchases with us and pick them up at our plant pick-up station by the parking lot!
*Service Animals Only*
We want to thank our community partners for their generous support: Orlando Utilities Commission, Lukas Nursery, and Mister Landscaper