Florida 4-H includes a Shooting Sports project with multiple disciplines such as: air rifle, small bore rifle, archery, shotgun, muzzleloading, and hunting. Historically, Nassau County has been involved in many of these projects areas and we are re-building the momentum with an archery club! This program will begin over the summer and continue into a community club for the 2018-19 4-H year. Other Shooting Sports disciplines may be added later.
Who can participate?
- All 4-H members (actively enrolled in 4-H online) over the age of 8
What will I learn?
- Safety with and care of archery equipment
- Better aim and skill with a bow
- Self-confidence, self-discipline, responsibility, sportsmanship
What are other benefits of being in a shooting sports club?
- Participation in state competitions
- Learning how to safely handle equipment
- Learning more about shooting sports for recreation and hunting
How do I get involved?
- This program will be starting in the near future. If you are interested in receiving more information and being on the list for details as they come out, please contact Mrs. Kristen at 904-530-6353 or email@example.com.
To learn more about the Florida 4-H Shooting Sports program, go to: http://florida4h.org/programsandevents_/shootingsports/