Ana Zangroniz serves as the Florida Sea Grant Program Extension Agent in Miami-Dade County, FL. Ana’s focus is on the coastal and marine resources of Miami-Dade County, and she delivers extension programming that is audience-specific and addresses the needs of both the environment and local stakeholders. Ana’s major program areas include: promoting heathy habitats and ecosystems, and improving marine and environmental literacy and stewardship. Ana works most frequently with fishermen, the boating community, scuba divers, and natural resource managers. The largest project that Ana manages is a citizen science, volunteer water quality monitoring program called Biscayne Bay Water Watch. Ana holds a master’s degree from University of Miami Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Sciences and previously worked with the National Park Service and the Florida Department of Environmental Protection. When not working, Ana spends most of her time underwater, scuba diving in Biscayne National Park.
Posts by Ana Zangroniz:
- What Goes Up Comes DOWN! Alternatives to Helium Balloons
- World Oceans Day 2020
- 2020 Florida Invasive Species Awareness Week
- Conservation Conversations Weekly Webinars Go Live
- 50 Years of Earth Day
- The mighty mullet! Not just a popular hairstyle in the 1980’s.
- Baby Corals are so Cute!
- Florida Sea Grant Goes on Tour
- Make Your Photographs Better, Improve All Aspects of Life!
- 2019 International Coastal Cleanup