Hurricane Ian impacted thousands of Floridians; causing unimaginable losses in Lee County and surrounding areas. These communities, including 4-H families, need critical supplies to continue the clean-up and rebuilding process.
UF/IFAS Extension Lee County 4-H is leading a supply drive and has identified the following items as critically needed supplies:
- Plastic totes with lids
- Heavy Duty/Construction garbage bags
- Cleaning Supplies:
- Paper towels
- Old towels/rags
- Bleach/Peroxide cleaners
- Moisture reducing products such as DampRid
- Tools: hammers, box cutters, etc.
- N95 masks
Individuals, clubs and organizations can collect and drop off items at your nearest approved location. You can coordinate drop-off to the Lee County Office location with Arielle Pierce, UF/IFAS Extension Lee County 4-H Agent, at 239.253.1358 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions and more information, you can contact co-organizer Shayla Reighter, Pasco County 4-H Agent, at email@example.com or 352.518.0156.
Final Drop-off Location:
- UF/IFAS Extension Lee County 4-H Office, 2041 Community Park Blvd, N. Ft. Myers 33903
- Coordinate with Lee Co. 4-H Agent Arielle Pierce at 239.253.1358
Approved Alternate Drop-off Locations (Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm EST):
- DADE CITY: UF/IFAS Extension Pasco County, 36702 SR 52, Dade City, FL 33525
- JACKSONVILLE BY 10/14*: UF/IFAS Extension Duval County, 1010 N. McDuff Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32251
- GAINESVILLE AREA: UF/IFAS Extension Alachua County, 22712 W. Newberry Rd., Newberry, FL 32669
Want to order items and have delivered? Ship to: Lee County 4-H, ATTN: Ian Supplies, 3410 Palm Beach Blvd, Fort Myers, FL 33916
Individuals and organizations can support the 4-H Serves Florida project online at www.tinyurl.com/4Hserves or by mail: Florida 4-H Foundation, PO BOX 110170, Gainesville, FL 32611.
Funds will directly support recovery efforts through 4-H:
- relief service projects,
- county, club, and member mini-grants to rebuild projects (details/application to be announced),
- and youth outreach in communities facing long-term displacement.
For more information on supporting the 4-H Serves Florida project, please contact Caylin Hilton at grow4H@ifas.ufl.edu or 352.454.7073. The UF Foundation and Florida 4-H Foundation are registered 501c3 organizations, your gift may be tax-deductible.
*Requesting all donations to the Duval location be received by close of business Friday, October 14, 2022. Donations will be delivered the following Monday, and the office needs time organize/load the vehicle.