Smithfield Research Opportunity
Rose Hill, NC
Research & Development Production Mgr Trainee 2 – Research
(1 year assignment) – (18001690)
Location: Farm 3514, Rose Hill, NC
Summary: Learns, demonstrates knowledge and skills, and becomes certified in all aspects of company systems and the pork industry standards. Collect data and samples as outlined in protocols for research trials. Monitor and care for animals on research trials. This position functions under the supervision of the appropriate department leader while performing all duties and responsibilities as a learning/development process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Works daily on research farm; including weighing and moving pigs from wean age to market age.
• Implements and follows all protocols for each research trial; including recording all necessary data
• Performs and masters all methods of data collection; including operating pen and individual scales
• Upkeep of research equipment and facilities; including computerized feed systems
• Learns, demonstrates capability/knowledge and becomes certified in all farm department areas including fulfilling all the requirements and responsibilities listed under the Breeding/Farrowing and Nursery/Finishing job description.
• Gains a solid understanding of and ability to implement company systems such as pig production processes, animal flow, farm health, genetics, husbandry, etc.
• Performs and masters all hourly jobs under supervision. Becomes certified in each job after showing competence and skill/understanding in each.
• Develops and establishes rapport/relationships with all personnel and management.
• Develops and prepares required reports on experiences encountered and addresses/shares opportunities for improvement.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as defined by management according to standards.
• Incumbent will be responsible for understanding and complying with company IPS, EMS and BMS policies and procedures in the performance of their job duties.
Education and/or Experience:
4-year college degree in Animal Science or related Agricultural field of study, or equivalent supervisory experience and/or previous swine experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be able to work an average 48 hour week, which can vary frequently.
• Weekend, evening, and holiday work required as needed.
• Must shower in and out of farm facilities daily
• Ability to lead others
• Ability and willingness to relocate to complete training and assume first managerial assignment
• Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft software
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
• Resume required
: Jan 25, 2019
Posting End Date
: Apr 25, 2019
Please list Samantha Raynor as a referral