Position: Herdsman – Assist with the daily management of a growing cow/calf operation and other related activities.
· BS degree in Animal science or related field and minimum 1 year hands on experience or High School Diploma with minimum 5 years hands on experience
· Valid driver’s license
· Basic cattle management skills including nutrition, calving, breeding, round-up, and herd health and condition
· Basic knowledge of pasture management
· Basic equipment skills and minor repairs of tractors, feed wagons, trailers, balers, rakes, manure spreaders, etc.
· Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds regularly and up to 100 pounds occasionally
· Available to work after hours during round-up or emergency situations
· Routine feeding of forages, grains, and supplements
· Perform routine herd health procedures including vaccinations, tagging, fly control, deworming, branding
· Diagnose and treat routine health problems including pink eye, scours, foot rot, and minor injuries. Consult veterinarian on more complicated health issues
· Maintain health records on cattle
· Maintain records on equipment and repairs
· Assist with all aspects of pasture management including weed control, rotational grazing, fertilizing, cutting and baling hay
· Assist with management of ranch barns, buildings, and fencing including minor repairs, installation, weed control, mowing, pressure washing, painting, trash removal, etc.
· Assist with maintenance of all related equipment including oil changes, tires, belts, filters, blade sharpening, etc.
· Any other related activities of ranch operations as may be required
This position will lead to the Ranch Foreman position based on the interests and skills of the successful applicant.
Compensation: Based on experience of successful applicant
Interested applicants can email resumes to email@example.comAttention: S.R. Marston. No phone calls. References will be required for selected candidates.