This full-time video production internship will allow the successful candidate to work collaboratively with the Creative Lead, Production Lead and other team members to execute a wide variety of creative video projects.
- Learning to execute video post-production workflow while maintaining a highly detailed file organization structure for existing projects
- Learning to set lighting, operate cameras and become a valuable asset on a film production crew.
- Attending all Herdmark video production shoots and serving as Production Assistant to work collaboratively with other crew members toward achieving the creative vision for the project.
- Assist with pre-production project components including reviewing and editing scripts, creating and reviewing storyboards, and preparing shot lists, prop lists and documents for client review.
- Capturing behind-the-scenes images of our crew at work.
- Capturing stock images and video footage as time permits.
- Contributing to Field Notes (blog) of the Herdmark Media, Inc. website.
The Herdmark Media Video Production Intern will be charged with filming and editing of an educational video production course intended for use of agricultural communications students.
- Communicating with extreme honesty and clarity to management, team and crew members.
- Comfort and proficiency working independently and as part of a team on a film set and in an office environment
- Ability to work through difficult situations with a calm and caring demeanor
- Strong time management skills
- Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs., carrying heavy objects over long distances and sometimes rugged terrain. Must be capable of sustaining the required workload over long hours under the physical and mental duress of a video shoot day.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary: Stipend of $1,600 per month to total $6,400 over the course of the internship.
- Benefits: N/A
- Professional development: N/A
- Resources: Workspace and office supplies will be provided in the Herdmark office. Herdmark will also supply computer and all necessary software.
- Vacation/Sick Time/Maternity Leave/Compensatory Time: Interns will be required at times to work long hours, evenings and weekends. In the event this occurs, compensatory time will be made available.
- Holidays: N/A
Work will be executed at the Herdmark Media office in Wooster, Ohio, and in the field, on-location. Nationwide travel will be required. Evening and weekend availability is required.
The Autumn semester internship will begin on August 15 and end on December 15, 2018.
The Herdmark Media Video Production Intern’s success will be evaluated by his/her willingness to contribute to the collaborative creative process, honesty, efficiency, timeliness, quality of end product delivered to clients, quality of internal project structure and organization, reliability and the ability to stay with a task until it is completed.
Applications close May 1. Candidates selected for an interview will be notified by May 15.