The Department of Animal Science and Veterinary Technology at Tarleton State University is seeking a Graduate Assistant to be Assistant Coach to its Meats Judging Team. The Department has student enrollment approaching 750 students and emphasizes hands-on learning. The College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences has nearly 2000 students and is one of the largest programs in the U.S.
- B.S. in Animal Science or similar field
- Collegiate meat judging experience
- Knowledge of carcass, primal, and/or sub-primal fabrication
- Successful background check and driver training required
- Assist coaching of Meat Judging Team
- Organize carcass and primal or sub-primal exhibits for training
- Transport students to practice sessions
- Prepare training materials
- Schedule practices
- Assist with teaching meat evaluation courses
The position is a 12-month graduate assistant stipend (estimated $1,200 per month) plus a scholarship ($10,000 annually) with a 2- or 3-year term, renewable annually.
Submit a cover letter, resume (including contact information for two references with knowledge of your judging experience) to: