Whitestone Farm specializes in customized training and care for horses and riders located just twenty minutes west of downtown Fredericksburg, Virginia.
Whitestone Farm offers a wide range of internship opportunities that can be tailored to fit a student’s individual goals, interests, and background. Whitestone Farm’s internship program is designed to provide students with skills to enhance their resumes, meaningful recommendations, and potential professional placements for their future careers.
While Whitestone Farm does prefer interns who will stay for longer time periods (two semesters or more), shorter internships are an option. This internship program is ideal for students looking to take a gap year before graduate school, or for students who have just graduated and are looking for a way to start their professional career in the equine industry.
Educational Opportunities Include:
- Stable management
- Equine care and services
- Procurement, training, and management of staff
- Managing veterinary, farrier, and training programs for horses
- Facility management and maintenance
- Medical maintenance and rehabilitation
- Client care
- Instruction and training for horse and rider
- Horse show management
- Business marketing
Ideal candidates will have an affinity for horses and people as well as a strong work ethic and a positive attitude.
Interns are guaranteed housing while participating in the program. Further compensation or benefit packages can be determined after assessing the applicant’s goals, needs, and interests.
To Apply: Applications are accepted year-round; however Whitestone Farm does have preferred deadlines:
- Fall Internships (late August/ early September): March 1st deadline
- Spring Internships (January): July 1st deadline
- Summer Internships (late May/ early June): December 1st deadline
For more information, or to apply, please contact Carol Hawley at email@example.com or (540) 840-8789. Feel free to view the facility and programs at www.whitestonefarmva.com