The University of Georgia’s Cooperative Extension Service is currently hiring a 4-H Extension Agent in Tift County, located in the state’s southwest district.
This position is very critical, as the Tift County 4-H program is widely known for its participation in various 4-H Youth events. This faculty member will be a dynamic force in “hands on” education in the classroom, providing leadership opportunities for the youth of the area to excel. This position is necessary to carry out a presence in the community by promoting 4-H –not only in the classroom, but also at conferences, 4-H camp, and various other programs that may continue a positive contact with the school system.
- A Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree strongly preferred) in Agriculture, Education, Human/Youth Development, Sociology, Family & Consumer Sciences, Recreation, or closely related area
- Successful experience in program development and management (direct 4-H experience strongly preferred), demonstrated communication ability as well as skills in leadership and management
- The ability to design, coordinate, and teach educational programs to meet community needs
- A demonstrated ability to work as a team member and with groups and committees
- A valid driver’s license and a personal vehicle for official duty travel are required – this position requires frequent night meetings, some weekend work, and attendance at out-of-county meetings
- Minimum $46,000 annually (for applicants with a Master’s Degree) or $34,500 annually (for applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree)
- Benefits package
- Reimbursement for business travel