The University of Georgia Hiring 4-H Youth Development Extension Agent in Greene County, located in Northeastern Georgia.
This position will be primarily responsible for managing the 4-H & Youth Development programming in Greene County by providing educational opportunities for youth in 4-H club meetings, coordinating local activities, and preparing youth for project and judging events.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Provide leadership for program assistants, volunteers, and teen leaders in delivering 4-H and Youth programs
- Utilize the expertise of and work closely with advisory groups, community leaders, public officials and representatives of intended audiences to analyze data, identify needs, and assist in developing educational programs
- Develops and conducts relevant interdisciplinary programs with others based on critical issues
- Collaborates with other agencies and community groups to plan and implement programs
- Demonstrates personal interest and involvement in community by participating in and supporting civic/community activities/organizations and networking with community leaders
- Master’s degree in Human/Youth Development, Sociology, Education, Agriculture, Family and Consumer Sciences, Recreation, or related area is preferred
- A Bachelor’s degree in the above fields is acceptable
- Ability to work as a team member and engage with groups and committees
- Ability to design, coordinate, and teach educational programs to meet community needs
- Ability to communicate as well as demonstrate leadership and management skills
- Minimum starting salary for applicants with Master’s Degree – $46,000 per year
- Minimum starting salary for applicants with Bachelor’s Degree – $34,500 per year
- Benefits package and reimbursement for travel included
This position requires frequent night meetings, some weekend work, and attendance at out-of-county meetings. A valid driver’s license and a personal vehicle for official duty travel are required.