Certified Angus Beef LLC currently has an opening for a Producer Communications Specialist that will be based out of Wooster, Ohio.
- Serve as the content lead for CABpartners.com, working closely with the web team
- Act as the producer communication link to the brand’s consumer-facing communication efforts
- Manage producer communication and outreach elements of the Corporate Social Responsibility plan
- Manage a small group of producer spokespeople, educating, communicating and engaging, as needed
- Contribute to all producer communications (writing, photography, and raw video shooting, as available)
- Contribute to the educational efforts of The Culinary Center by telling the cattlemen’s story to visitors
Travel: Must be willing and able to travel – may equate to 30% or more of the time.
This position is not responsible for the supervision of staff.
- Education/Experience: Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would qualify. That might be equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s degree plus two or more years minimum related experience in agricultural communications or journalism, or an animal science degree with a communications option
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, externally and among teammates
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to think creatively
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and prioritize assignments
- Ability to work effectively in deadline situations and under pressure
- Proficient use of all tools needed to complete tasks (digital cameras, computer programs, etc.)
- Professional, with ability to represent brand to external stakeholders
- Experience in digital media required; video experience preferred
- Strong agriculture background required
- Writing Examples: Applicants for this position are required to provide a selection of writing samples. Ideal samples are agriculturally focused (articles, blogs, newsletters or opinion pieces); however, any topic is acceptable. Published materials are preferred, but research findings and reports are allowed, as well.
If interested and qualifications match position requirements, apply online.