The National Poultry & Food Distributors Association (NPFDA) Scholarship Foundation awards five $2,500.00 scholarships to students in the fields of poultry science, food science, agricultural economics/marketing, food marketing and related poultry and business fields of study each year.
Selection criteria for the scholarship will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Students must be in their Junior or Senior (college) year when they receive the scholarship
- Therefore may be a sophomore or Junior when applying
- Consideration of academic excellence
- Applicants must be enrolled as a full time student in a U.S. University/College
- Past and current involvement in poultry, agriculture and food business related activities
- Professional objectives of the student
- A one-page explanation of career goals
- One letter of recommendation from a professor, department head, advisor or dean
*NOTE: The application and letter of recommendation must reach the NPFDA office no later than May 31, 2017. Transcripts MUST arrive by June 10th. Materials may arrive separately. Selection and notification will be completed by July 15th. Applications received after the May 31, 2017 deadline will not be considered.
Please mail application to:
Scholarship checks will be forwarded to the Dean/Department Head/Financial aid (whichever is preferred by the winner’s school) during the summer and are to be disbursed to the student in equal installments each term after verification of the student’s enrollment. Any unused funds are to be returned to The NPFDA Scholarship Foundation, Inc.