COVID-19 agriculture updates: April 10
- Changes to legal weight limits on vehicles transporting ag products:
- The Florida Dept. of Transportation has updated and amended the details of emergency changes to legal weight limits on vehicles transporting agricultural products. See the two attached documents for all the details.
- FDACS is creating a webpage that you can list your products for sale:
- A few days ago, I emailed you all with links to some local and state-wide efforts to help connect farmers and customers. One of those is the FDACS website. I have been told that starting on Monday, potential customers will be able to search this list to find the products they are in need of.
- Here’s the link to get your farm on the list: https://www.fdacs.gov/Agriculture-Industry/Florida-Farm-To-You
- Reminder that applications for the UF on-farm industrial hemp trials are due Monday. Here is the information again in case anyone missed it before:
- UF will be working with twenty farms from across the state doing on-farm trials. Here is the link to the application to be considered for a permitted on-farm trial: https://mailchi.mp/d07d44ea3285/ufifas-hemp-updates-4788443.
- Applications are due by 11:59pm on April 13th.
- Partner farms will conduct a coordinated field planting on 2 acres with variations in land preparation. Partners will also have the option to submit a plan for industry development research on an additional 3 acres. Applications for nurseries or indoor production facilities will not be accepted for this application period.