The end of July also signals the end of our traditional programmatic 4-H year. To celebrate a year’s worth of learning, growth, friendship, challenges, and successes we host an annual banquet. This night is special for all of our members, volunteers, friends, and stakeholders. This year’s celebration was hosted, planned, and led by our Teen Leadership Council. We would like to extend another “Congratulations” and “Thank You” to all that could join us! For those who couldn’t make this year’s celebration, here is a brief recap!
This Year’s Theme was “Black & White & Green“! We all agreed that something more simple and easy was the direction we wanted to take after such a busy year!
- The banquet was emceed by our Teen Leadership Council representatives: Emma Norstrem, Lillian Peeples, Lauren Walters, Natalie Stevenson, & Jack Norstrem. Other members and alumni of TLC (formally County Council) were also recognized for their contributions.
- We started off by recognizing all of our amazing Club Leaders! We truly cannot run Nassau County 4-H without the support and leadership of our club volunteers. Thank you!
- Our Club Leader of the Year was Stephanie Akins of Barnyard N Beyond
- Our 4-H Volunteer of the Year went to club leader, alumni, and summer camp champion, Linda Clineman!
- This year’s Summer Camp Volunteer of the year had to be changed to volunteer(s) and was awarded to the Young Riders Club for planning, delivering, evaluating, and leading an entire summer camp of their own!
- The Youth Volunteer of the Year award was given to Natalie Stevenson for her countless years of service to all of Nassau County 4-H though a wide variety of programs and opportunities.
- The Outstanding Community Partner was awarded to The ARK of Nassau!
This year we also introduced two NEW awards to celebrate the hard work done during our fair. This year we are additionally celebrating our Fair Ambassador of the Year- Garrett Bennett and Fair Volunteer of the Year- Peter James!
- We have four Graduating Seniors who were inducted into alumni status:
- Abigail Felthousen
- Tristin Hanson
- John Hardin
- Emma Norstrem
- We had 31 youth receiving Project and Record Book Awards on subjects including photography, sheep, rabbits, swine, goats, horses, and poultry.
- Recognized our many and awesome 4-H’ers of the Month:
- October- Abigail Wood
- November- Roxie Oakes
- January- Lillian Peeples
- February- Timothy McFadden
- March- Natalie Stevenson
- April- Elena James
- May- Tristan Shannon
- June- Hazel Fare
- and wrapped up the awards by announcing Elena James as our 4-H’er of the Year!
Thank you for another incredible year here in Nassau 4-H! Here’s to 2024!
A video slideshow of this past year and our award winners can be found HERE!