County Events 2020
County Events is an annual chance for 4-H members to show off their knowledge, skills, and talents in a 4-H project area through multiple competitions. You can share knowledge in a public speech or illustrated talk; teach a skill in a demonstration; show off a talent in share-the-fun; or create something to share through photography, graphic design, chef-in-training, or fashion revue. These competitions are for youth of all ages and a fun way to share what you know!
This year’s County Events will have 7 competitions – 4 which will be performed live on 3/13 and 3 which will be due prior to 3/13. Be sure to check the deadlines for each competition you plan to participate in.
Below is some general information about each of the competitions and links to more information. Stay tuned to the 4-H blog to learn more about specific competitions as we get closer to this year’s County Events!
Details & Important Info:
- To register, go to: https://county-events-2019-nassau.eventbrite.com. Registration will close on March 2nd.
- 4-H’ers of all ages are invited to participate and will compete within their age category: Cloverbud, Junior, Intermediate, or Senior. Cloverbuds will receive participation ribbons for all events.
- Please check the deadlines for your competitions. Some competitions have deadlines prior to 3/13 at 6pm including photography, graphic design, and chef-in-training.
- Each 4-H’er must be registered individually.
- 4-H’ers can participate in as many events as they want.
- 4-H’ers can earn up to 2 fair points from participating in two different types of events.
- If you are signing up for a team demonstration, be sure all team members list the same title when registering.
- Some participants may qualify to move on to Districts Events, which will be held Saturday, May 2nd in Putnam County.