Tea has many benefits. Because there are so many types of tea, it is the second most popular drink after water. You can drink it cold or hot, and the health benefits will be the same.
There is herbal tea, green tea, black tea, and many others. Let’s talk about the health benefits of tea.
- Tea is full of antioxidants, like polyphenols and flavonoids. These antioxidants help fight off free radicals in the body that can cause cancer.
- Many studies have shown that tea can boost your immune system.
- Tea fights off inflammation.
- It helps minimize your risk of heart disease.
Herbal tea is in its own category because it is infused with dried herbs and spices that offer added health benefits.
- Chamomile tea helps with muscle spasms, improves sleep, and reduces stress.
- Peppermint tea can soothe an upset stomach and help with headaches.
- Ginger tea is good for an upset stomach and can relieve joint pain.
- Hibiscus tea can lower blood pressure and stop cravings for sweets.
So, next time you relax with a nice cup of tea, remember all the good you are doing for your body.