One-Year Master of Agribusiness- UF FRE
The University of Florida Food and Resource Economics Department is recruiting outstanding students for its one-year Master of Agribusiness (MAB) program.
About the program:
- One-year, 30 credit hours, non-thesis, on-campus program.
- The MAB offers students from all disciplines the opportunity to obtain the business background they need to be competitive in the workforce.
- Students take courses in finance, policy, management strategies, risk management, international marketing, decision-making, and quantitative methods.
- The program blends business and economics with the applied science of agriculture, providing methods for solving real-world problems.
- Students participate in a summer internship in which they have the opportunity to put to use the skills learned in the program.
- The MAB provides students the knowledge and skills necessary for careers in a changing and complex agricultural economy.
- The MAB prepares students for employment in a wide variety of industries in all areas including, but not limited to managers, financial advisors, account executives, bankers, farmers, sales representatives, procurers, producers, merchandisers, consultants, entrepreneurs, and public school teachers.
Requirements for admission:
- 3.0 upper division (last 2 years in the major) GPA
- GRE score of at least 295 with at least 145 on the quantitative (or GMAT of 465)
- B or better grades in the four prerequisite courses:
- Microeconomics or AEB 2014 Economic Issues, Food, and You
- Management, AEB 3133 Principles of Agribusiness Management or other Management course
- Financial Accounting or AEB 3122 Financial Planning for Agribusiness
- Three strong letters of recommendation
In a report titled, Employment Opportunities for College Graduates in the U.S. Food, Agricultural and Natural Resources System, it was estimated that the strongest demand will be for graduates with college degrees and related work experience in business and management. We encourage students who are interested in this type of degree to apply to our program.
The requirements and application link are at https://fred.ifas.ufl.edu/graduate/mab/. If you have any questions about the program, please contact Jess Herman at firstname.lastname@example.org.