Spy Coast Farm is one of the leading sport horse breeders in the United States. They have invested heavily in top of the line facilities at their Lexington farm. The farm is just a few miles from downtown Lexington, across the street from the University of Kentucky research farm and next to the Kentucky Horse Park.
- Work with resident veterinarian, Dr. Modesty Burleson, at Spy Coast Farm in Lexington, Kentucky during the equine breeding season from January though July/August 2019.
- Primary focus will be on Sport Horse reproduction including artificial insemination with fresh and frozen semen, stallion collection for cooled semen transport, and exposure to embryo transfer and follicle aspiration for ICSI. Farm breeds 60 mares/year and foals approximately 40-50 horses/year.
- Opportunity to participate in Thoroughbred breeding season at Burleson Farms in Midway, Kentucky. Farm breeds 80-100 mares/year, foals 30-40/year, and is within 5 miles of top stallion sheds including WinStar, Three Chimneys, and Ashford Stud.
- Assist with routine preventative care, neonatal care and foal watch duties, mare and stallion reproduction, radiograph surveys, lameness, castrations, and daily emergencies.
- There will be opportunities to visit and observe cases at nearby referral hospitals including Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital and Hagyards Equine Medical Center.
- 6 day work week. Hours may vary from 6am-4pm, not including emergency calls, foalings, or late night frozen semen checks.
- Provide own car for transportation.
- Housing will be provided on the farm in the Spy Coast Farm Grooms House
- Weekly stipend
If interested, please contact Modesty Burleson, VMD at Modesty@burlesonfarms.com or call #859-361-8365.