Position: Marketing & Sales Internship
Immediate Supervisor: Senior Director of Marketing
Duration: Three months
Available: Mid-May through mid-July 2018 (dates may be adjusted slightly to fit intern’s needs)
Introduction: The American Paint Horse Association is a horse breed registry located in Fort Worth, Texas. The association performs the function of registration, record keeping, show management, sale scheduling, field services, racing coordination, publishing, public relations, information dissemination and administration. In addition, the association fulfills its purpose of promoting the American Paint Horse through efficient service to members, directors and the general public.
Summary: The intern will work in the Marketing/Sales/Sponsorship department, as well as have the opportunity to work closely with individuals in editorial, graphics and other departments.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assist with marketing efforts for the APHA Youth World Show and APHA in general
- Create/disseminate press releases
- Assist sales team with sales efforts ranging from lead generation to collecting information for ads and other World Show-related sales products
- Assist with sponsorship fulfillment tasks
- Perform additional related tasks as needed
Basic Requirements: Seeking an individual majoring in Marketing, Agricultural Communication/Journalism, Public Relations, Business Development or related field, who desires to learn more about breed associations and develop skills to work within the horse industry.
- Strong writing and organizational skills
- Self-starter with the ability to follow-through with a project
- Must be detail-oriented, flexible and able to multi-task
- Horse experience a plus
- Knowledge of AP Stylebook a plus
- Ability to work cohesively with a wide range of personalities a must
Salary: $1,200 per month
Housing and Transportation: The intern is responsible for transportation, room and board. The APHA office is located in Northeast Fort Worth and there is no public transportation. The intern must provide his/her own transportation.
To Apply: Submit resume with cover letter stating qualification to the American Paint Horse Association. Writing samples are also encouraged.
Send all applications for review to:
APHA, Human Resources Dept.
P.O. Box 961023
Fort Worth, TX 76161-0023
Resumes will be accepted through March 15, 2018.