Cargill Dairy Consultants are responsible for interacting with clients and prospective customers, helping them understand how Cargill can provide solutions for them and improve their profitability. Consultants typically specialize in expertise areas, which include dairy, beef, swine, and retail sales to owners of companion animals.
- 12 weeks in duration
- Housing assistance and relocation reimbursement to interns who qualify (based on mileage)
- Paid internship, but day–to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern
- Interns must attend Intern Forum, an event held at Cargill headquarters in Minneapolis, MN, to become exposed to leadership and cross-functional interns from across the U.S.
- Interns who demonstrate exceptional performance and a curiosity to learn more may be offered a fulltime position for the following year
- Locations vary across the U.S.
- Field setting
- Frequent travel by personal vehicle within assigned region. You must have a safe driving history; a motor vehicle record history will be reviewed.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in Animal Science, Agricultural studies, Veterinary Medicine or related degrees graduating between December 2018 and May 2020; degrees with an emphasis in Dairy are preferred
- Experience working within the dairy industry
- Valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate for an internship opportunity anywhere in the U.S.
- Able to complete a 12-week internship in the summer (May/June – August 2018)
- Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance
- Must be able to complete essential functions of this job as outlined in the job description with reasonable accommodations
To be considered for employment with Cargill, you must apply online and complete the entire application process, along with an e-signature. Please complete your application as soon as possible.