Peterson & Smith Equine Hospital, located in Ocala, Florida is seeking interns for their spring and/or summer Student Working Programs.
Students with an interest in equine reproduction and/or veterinary medicine are encouraged to apply. Placements are offered in the Hospital (surgery, medicine, sports medicine), Equine Reproduction Center, and in the Ambulatory Department.
The internship program will run from approximately mid-January through May for the spring semester, and from June through July for the summer semester. Summer internships will primarily be in the Reproduction Center.
Duties and Schedule:
- Full-time work experience – 6 days per week; 50-75 hours per week
- Night shifts included
- Accommodations provided in a fully furnished house; dorm-style with laundry facilities
- Weekly salary of $250.00
- Enrolled in, or recently graduated from, an Animal Sciences or general Agricultural/Equine educational program
- Age 18 years or older
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Willingness to take an on-entry and random drug test
Applications are due October 31, 2017. To apply, please download the application here or apply online. Decisions are usually made by December 1st each year for spring applicants and by mid-January for summer applicants.
For more information please follow this link: