Mississippi State University’s Department of Animal and Dairy Sciences is offering one graduate research assistantship (M.S. in Animal and Dairy Sciences) that will be available for a fall 2017 start. This assistantship will have a focus on pasture dairy management, including methods to abate heat and prevent mastitis.
This assistantship includes an annual salary stipend, tuition and fees, and health insurance benefits.
Each student will also have the opportunity to be involved in other departmental activities including participation in dairy Extension programs, assisting with dairy 4-H activities, assisting with undergraduate courses, and presenting work at regional and national meetings.
- Applicants must have earned a BS degree in animal sciences, biology, or a related field with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- The ideal student will have a strong background in animal production, a strong work ethic, and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with dairy cattle is preferred
- Applicants should have an interest in assisting with dairy Extension activities
- The student should be able to work independently and within a team environment
- Contact Dr. Amanda Stone (firstname.lastname@example.org) by email with (1) a statement of interest, (2) a copy of a current resume/CV, (3) and current GPA/GRE scores.
- Complete the official graduate program application: https://mybanner.msstate.edu/prod/wwskzlog.P_DispLoginNon
Applications will be accepted until May 31, 2017 or until a candidate is found.
Contact Amanda Stone at email@example.com or 662-769-9941 if you have any questions or want to learn more about potential projects.