Since 1942, The North Florida Fair has been providing an exceptional experience for all who attend. There are many different activities and exhibits to enjoy like children’s activities, 4-H and FFA competitions and exhibits, livestock show, arts and crafts, and entertainment. As many people take their kids to see the animals and share in the excitement of this special time, they do not stop and think about how much time and effort is put into an event such as this. Many local Volunteers donate countless hours to help prepare the 4-H Building to share with you. Today, local volunteers judged exhibit entries and placed them in the building. Their services are very valuable to us and are greatly appreciated! #4hgrows #4heverywhere
4-H Fair Exhibits
- Cloverbuds (5-7)
- Junior (ages 8-10)
- Intermediate (ages 11-13)
- Senior (ages 14-18)
- Horticulture- Fruit, vegetables, plants and flowers Judging is based on general appearance, condition, and quality.
- Clothing Construction-Clean, pressed and on hangers. Entries judged on construction and pressing techniques, appropriate fabric, and design.
- Sewing- Entries Judged based on appropriate fabric, sewing techniques, neatness and creativity.
- Needlework- Crocheting, knitting, embroidery, and hand quilting judged on appearance, technique and neatness.
- Baked Goods- Separated into ten categories and judged on appearance, neatness, creativity and completion.
- Canning- Pickles, preserves, jams, jellies, fruits, vegetables and meats. Entries must follow specific guidelines.
- Crafts- Macramé, ceramics, pottery, candles, wreaths, picture frames, holiday ornaments, etc. Judged on creativity, technique and neatness
- Hobbies and Collections- Leaf, insect, stamp collections, etc.
- Architectural Models- Allows members to create 3-dimensional models using blocks or similar pieces (i.e. Legos)
- Fine Arts- Woodworking, hand made jewelry, paintings, drawings, sculpture, and textile weaving using non-copyrighted material.
- Photography- 3-5 submitted photos that depict typical activities of 4-H members and their friends.
- Graphic Design- Brochures, Flyers, PowerPoint Presentations, mini-books, bookmarks, postcards, etc. Judged on style, educational value and design.
- Tabletop Exhibits- Judged on effectiveness of message, quality and general appearance, and appeal of information presented.
- Scrapbooking- Exhibits are judged on overall craftsmanship, creativity, journaling, and originality.
- Poetry- Judged on Effective use of language, mood intensity, originality, and meaningful content.
- Cloverbuds- Entries are not judged, but every one will receive a participation ribbon.
- Recycled/Repurposed Clothing- Members design and sew a wearable garment from previously used materials.
- Recycled Arts- 50 percent of art must be from recycled or natural materials. Final artwork must be original and have a description of recycled material attached to their exhibit.
As you can see, there are many different categories of exhibits to judge. Not only does it take a lot of time for the people to create their entries, it takes a lot of time for the volunteers to judge and place them. So, if you plan on vising the North Florida Fair, take a moment to appreciate all that it offers and the time and effort it takes to create such an event.