How do you feel about snakes? Not a fan? Well, while we believe snakes are friends, not foes, we recognize it may be comforting to know that the vast majority of snakes in Florida are non-venomous and largely cannot hurt you or your family. On today’s episode, we go on a deep dive about Florida’s venomous snakes.
New Episode from Naturally Florida
Naturally Florida (a podcast about Florida’s natural areas and the wild things that live here) recently released a new episode about the Florida’s venomous snakes!
Check it out, below on Spotify, or on your favorite podcast platform.
If you enjoyed this episode about Florida’s venomous snakes, please consider sharing it with a friend.
You can find all the podcast platforms where Naturally Florida is published, submit feedback, or request future topics at www.naturallyfloridapodcast.com
- Read about identifying the water moccasin and the banded water snake (non-venomous) OR watch this video
- Need a refresher on 3 common snakes in residential areas? Listen here: Three Common Snakes in Residential Areas (Podcast Episode)
- Dealing With Snakes – Emergency Planning
- Preventing Negative Encounters with Snakes
- Florida Snakes (Youtube Video)
Calls to action:
- Spread the word! Snakes are friends, not foes. They provide a critical link in our food web and are both predator and prey. MOST snakes you see are non-venomous.
- Avoid Snake-bite Kits: The only snake-bite kit you need is your cell phone! If you are bitten by a venomous snake OR a snake you can’t identify, call 911. Do not wait for symptoms to develop, this is an emergency and time is of the essence.
Learn about other episodes from Naturally Florida by Clicking Here.
University of Florida IFAS Extension is committed to diversity of people, thought and opinion, to inclusiveness and to equal opportunity.
UF/IFAS Extension is an Equal Opportunity Institution.