You’ve probably heard that habitat destruction is a common cause of population declines for many wildlife species. It’s critical for us to do what we can in our yards, neighborhoods and communities to help support wildlife by providing food, water, shelter and space. In this episode, we discuss ten tips you can consider implementing in a yard where you have influence.
New Episode from Naturally Florida
Naturally Florida (a podcast about Florida’s natural areas and the wild things that live here) recently released a new episode about creating wildlife habitat in Florida.
Check it out, below on Spotify, or on your favorite podcast platform.
If you enjoyed this episode about creating wildlife habitat in your yard, please consider sharing it with a friend.
You can find all the podcast platforms where Naturally Florida is published, submit feedback, or request future topics at www.naturallyfloridapodcast.com
- “Planting a Refuge for Wildlife” (a book) – https://wildlifeflorida.com/product/planting-a-refuge-for-wildlife/
- “Helping Cavity-Nesters in Florida” – https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/publication/UW058
- “A Bird’s-Eye View: How Birds Select Habitat” – https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/publication/UW174
- “Wildlife Wanted” – https://blogs.ifas.ufl.edu/pinellasco/2014/08/22/wildlife-wanted/
How You Can Help:
- Implement one or more of the tips shared in today’s episode
- Share this episode with family and friends
- Certify your yard – https://www.nwf.org/CERTIFY
Sources for this Episode:
Learn about other episodes from Naturally Florida by Clicking Here.
University of Florida IFAS Extension is committed to diversity of people, thought and opinion, to inclusiveness and to equal opportunity.
UF/IFAS Extension is an Equal Opportunity Institution.