Most of you have probably heard about the upcoming 4-H Open House and Apple Cook-Off. If not, each 4-H club is invited to participate by reserving a table to promote your club, hold a fund raiser, or host an activity. Last year nine 4-H clubs showed off their clubs’ activities and accomplishments. What would your club like to do?
In addition to the activities, workshops, and exhibits, we will be hosting the 2008 Apple Cook-Off. This year we are adding the savory category. This category will include those recipes that are not dessert-like, or sweet. The savory category will be divided the same as the sweet with Youth, Adult, Family, and Healthy divisions. Interested? Here’s what you need to know:
- All recipes must include at least one apple.
- Finished product must be checked in by 10:00 a.m. (November 1).
- A card or printout with the recipe and a card with the entrant’s name, category, and phone number must accompany the entry.
- All entries must be pre-registered. Pre-registration forms are available at www.pinellascounty.org/4h (underneath the list of Cloverleaf newsletters), by e-mailing email@example.com, or by calling the 4-H Office.
- Ribbons and certificates will be awarded. Prizes will be awarded to the top winners in each category.
- After judging, all entries will be offered for sampling.
Mark your calendars for November 1, 10:00 – 3:00, at the Extension Office for the 4-H Open House and Apple Cook-Off. Invite your friends and neighbors to come out and see what 4-H is all about. This is also the opening of Market in the Park, so plan on parking at the EMS parking lot.