WHO: University of Florida Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences Extension Bay County.
WHAT: Air Potato Challenge and Species Awareness workshop. The event will include exhibits, and distribution of air potato leaf beetles.
WHERE: 2728 E. 14th Street, Panama City, FL 32401
WHEN: June 6, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
UF/IFAS Extension Bay County:
- Air potato vine and air potato leaf beetle, beach vitex, lionfish, snakes, other species.
- UF/IFAS Assessment tools.
- Early Detection & Distribution Mapping System (EDDMaps) and the IveGot1 app, Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC).
- Information on invasive plant and animal programs, Science & Discovery Center of Northwest Florida.
- Live exotic reptiles that threaten native habitats due to pet owner releases.
Schedule of events
- 9 a.m. to noon: air potato leaf beetle distribution. Registration required to receive beetles; register online at http://bit.ly/bayairpotato. All attendees are welcome to drop-in without registration to visit other exhibits and learn about invasive species.
- 12:00-1:30 p.m.: “Exotic Invaders: Reptiles and Amphibians of Concern in NW FL.” Lunch & Learn (bring your own lunch) with Steve Johnson, UF/IFAS associate professor of wildlife ecology.
- 1:30-5 p.m. Drop-in time to visit exhibits and interact with experts from UF/IFAS, FWC, and Science & Discovery Center.
Follow us on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/bayifas/, for more updates and live broadcasts during the workshop.
CONTACT: Julie McConnell, 850-784-6105, firstname.lastname@example.org.