If you know a sophomore or Junior level student who could be interested to get an internship at Syngenta. Please read the following information.
I am writing to inform you that we are initiating our recruiting efforts for our 2016 Florida Intern Program. As you are aware, our interns play a primary role in supporting our key brands in the Florida citrus industry. Their field activities provide the key link between Syngenta and our growers, while helping ensure optimal product performance.
Summer of 2015, was a success in supporting the Syngenta Citrus Portfolio by providing scouting, root mass sampling and phytophthora analysis. Our expanded services in the field were an important key to this summer’s success, which have only increased in their value to growers over time. We are proud of the fact that 2015 marked our internship’s 25th anniversary, a milestone that serves as testament to the success and value of the program to both Syngenta and the industry.
Our 2016 marketing plans are underway and include plans for further market growth of our brands. Our internship program will be the conduit for providing these important services and they will be a fundamental part of our overall marketing strategy. With this being said, I would like to provide a list of intern qualifications. These are not meant to be exclusive, but rather to help narrow our search.
- Seeking a career in agriculture
- Experience in production agriculture.
- Basic familiarity with insect, disease, and weed control.
- Basic computer skills.
- Willingness to work outdoors, experience preferred.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, honest, and personable.
- Ability to relocate to or originally from one of the following counties; Polk, Highlands, Hardee, Desoto, Hendry, Collier, Lee, Okeechobee, Martin, Osceola, St. Lucie, or Indian River.
- Sophomore or Junior level (Seniors will be considered).
As you are aware, these internships represent an outstanding opportunity for the right candidate. In addition to the technical and professional skills gained from Syngenta Crop Protection, students will have an excellent opportunity to demonstrate their abilities to some of the most influential organizations in the Florida Agricultural Industry. Students will be provided with comprehensive training, skilled mentoring and will be part of a respected professional team executing a multi-million dollar sales and marketing strategy.
We are currently recruiting for up to 7 intern positions with an approximate start date of May 16, 2016 and an approximate end date of August 12, 2016.
The internships are to be located as follows;
- 1 east coast – Indian River, St. Lucie, or Martin Counties
- 2 southwest – Lee, Hendry, or Collier Counties
- 2 west central – Highlands, Hardee or Desoto Counties
- 1 central – Osceola, Polk or Highlands Counties
Please have all interested candidates email their resumes to me at firstname.lastname@example.org I will be interviewing interested candidates now up to December 2015, at which time I hope to have my candidate selections complete.