Attention all food producers, handlers, and allied industries:
UF/IFAS is seeking your help to identify the effects of COVID-19 on our industry, and we hope you will take some time to complete any surveys listed below to help decision makers at the state and federal levels begin to understand and address ways to help.
The UF/IFAS Food and Resource Economics department designed these five surveys to encompass all areas of agriculture, aquaculture, and marine industry operations.
1. Click here here (link: https://ufl.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3sYZE3NF19Ik949) for the survey on agriculture and aquaculture production, processing and transportation. This includes areas such as crop production, forestry/timber, nursery and greenhouse operations, agritourism, beekeeping, etc.
2. Click here (link: https://ufl.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0SrtQ85OwrZBfCJ) for the survey on commercial fishing
3. Click here (link: https://ufl.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3O7uvt3RHZdBdTn) for the survey on charter/for-hire operations. This includes for-hire fishing operators (charter, head boat, and guide), dive charter operators, and sightseeing charter operators.
4. Click here (link: https://ufl.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0P3r31Br6gJCAvP) for the survey on seafood wholesale dealers
5. Click here (link: https://ufl.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1Oja5J2OUUT9upT) for the survey on marine recreation support businesses. This includes businesses involved in boat rentals, boat repairs, wet and dry boat storage, and bait and tackle retailing.
Please note that your participation is strongly desired in the survey(s) that most closely represents your business activities. If you have business interests corresponding to multiple surveys, you are asked to respond to all appropriate surveys.
The information you provide will help UF/IFAS assess the impacts of COVID-19 to the agricultural and marine industries. This information could be vital to informing decisions made by policymakers and establishing a roadmap for moving forward.
To encourage broad participation, UF/IFAS suggests that you forward this message to your network or copy and paste to a new email.
Thank you, and be well,
Extension Agent III Crops
County Extension Director