Farm Bill Seminar for Peanut Producers – February 19
FARM BILL SEMINAR FEBRUARY 19, 2014
With the passing of the 2014 Farm Bill last week, the Florida and Alabama Peanut Producers Associations have scheduled a meeting to help growers better understand the new legislation affecting peanut farmers. Dr. Stanley Fletcher, Director of the National Center for Peanut Competitiveness, and professor emeritus from the University of Georgia, will be on hand to deliver information on the new Farm Bill. There are changes from previous Farm Bills, that will affect your peanut farming operation for the next 5 years.
The meeting will be held using a live videoconferencing system in 3 Alabama and 7 Florida locations on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 beginning at 1:00 PM Central, and 2:00 PM Eastern Time. The program will originate from the Wiregrass Research and Extension Center in Headland, AL with live, interactive video feeds to Extension Offices in: Santa Rosa (Jay), Holmes, Jackson, Calhoun, Jefferson, Lafayette, Columbia, and Levy Counties. Growers will have an opportunity to have their specific questions answered during the program. Peanut farmers are welcome to attend the meeting in person in Headland, or at one of the County Extension Offices in a more convenient location.
For additional information, please contact Ken Barton with the Florida Peanut Producers Association for full details of the program: (850)526-2590, or one of the following for directions to a specific host site:
- Wiregrass Research and Extension Center – Kris Balkcom – 334-693-3800
- Santa Rosa County Extension – John Atkins – 850-675-6654
- Holmes County Extension – Shep Eubanks – 850-547-1108
- Jackson County Extension – Josh Thompson – 850-482-9620
- Calhoun County Extension – Judy Ludlow – 850-674-8323
- Jefferson County Extension – Jed Dillard – 850-342-0187
- Lafayette County Extension – Chris Vann – 386-294-1279
- Columbia County Extension – Mace Bauer – 386-752-5384
- Levy County Extension – Anthony Drew – 352-486-5131
Conference ID: 7832040