Amy Vu is the Extension coordinator for the Honey Bee Research and Extension Lab, where she oversees all Extension activities. She runs the University of Florida Master Beekeeper Program, the University of Florida Bee Colleges, UF IFAS Honey Bee Blog, speaker requests, media inquiries, the lab's social media pages, and is the co-host of the lab’s podcast “Two Bees in a Podcast”. Vu has an undergraduate degree in Agronomy with an emphasis on Soils and Environmental Science and a Master's degree in Agricultural, Leadership, and Community Education from Virginia Tech. Before joining the HBREL, she worked at the University of Florida's International Center, and was Orange County Extension's urban horticulture agent and Master Gardener coordinator.
Posts by Amy Vu:
- Research Update: Following Pollen Substitute Patties in a Honey Bee Colony
- Florida Beekeeping Calendar: July 2021
- How Can a “Bee Box” Help Protect a Beehive?
- Florida Beekeeping Management Calendar: June 2021
- Florida Beekeeping Management Calendar: May 2021
- Florida Beekeeping Management Calendar: April 2021
- Florida Beekeeping Management Calendar: March 2021
- What Is Happening With the Proposal for the Chinese Tallow Tree (Triadica sebifera) Insect Release?
- Call for Submissions: 2021 UF IFAS 4-H Honey Bee Essay Competition
- 2021 Spring Virtual Bee College Registration is OPEN!