The UF/IFAS Food and Resource Economics Department is excited to announce the release of our Spring and Summer 2022 Report. We highlight several research projects, events, and student, alumni and faculty accomplishments that have occurred between January-August 2022.
Included in this issue are:
- A Message from the Chair
- Attendance by the Economic Impact Analysis Program at the Southern Regional Science Association (SRSA) conference in Austin, TX.
- Attendance at the Southern Applied Economics Association (SAEA) conference in New Orleans, LA, by FRED faculty, students and the department Quiz Bowl Team.
- The GatorNAMA team’s participation in student competition at the annual National Agri-Marketing Association
- COOK Alliance and Student Paper Competition
- Ag. Economics & Policy Outlook Conference
- Alumni Spotlights on Dr. Roger Cryan of the American Farm Bureau Federation and Natalie Miaoulis-Maillis of the Nature Conservancy
- Research Highlights on
- Global Exportation and Re-Exportation Market for Seafood
- Sustainability in Fishery Management System
- Florida Beekeeping Economic Contributions
- Single-Use Plastic Warning Labels & Consumer Preference
- Features on the Spring 2022 graduating Master’s and Ph.D. Students
- A profile on Dr. Zhifeng Gao: Graduate Teacher/Advisor of the Year
- Promotions & Anniversaries within the department
- A list of all of our Spring and Summer 2022 program graduates
A full pdf copy of the report can be downloaded here on our website.