Join UF/IFAS Extension for the Virtual Water Ambassador lunch and learn webinar series. The Water Ambassador Program is an educational partnership between Martin County and UF/IFAS Extension that unites and empowers residents who have an interest in protecting local waterways and giving back to their communities. The program provides a way for motivated individuals to learn more about specific water resource topics. Webinars take place every Tuesday through August, from 12 pm to 1 pm EDT.
Weekly webinars bring in guest speakers to speak about a variety of local (Indian River Lagoon) and statewide water resource and management topics in Florida. Webinars include water quality, water conservation, and restoration topics.
These classes take place online in a webinar room. Registered participants will receive the web link via email at the time of registration.
Webinar Dates and Topics
Registration is required for each webinar. Password (when required) is “water”
- June 2 – Cyanobacteria in Lake Okeechobee and the St. Lucie Estuary
- June 9 – History of the Indian River Lagoon
- June 16 – Septic Systems and Water Quality in Florida
- June 23 – An Overview of the St. Lucie Watershed
- June 30 – Oyster Restoration, Aquaculture and Water Quality
- July 7 – Martin County’s Septic to Sewer Conversion Program
- July 14 – Agricultural Best Management Practices (BMPs)
- July 21 – Alternatives to Turf in Your Landscape
- July 28 – Green Infrastructure and Low Impact Development
- August 4 – Treatment Wetlands for Water Quality Management in Martin County
- August 11 – A Citizen’s Guide to Accessing Water Quality Data in SE Florida
- August 18 – Hydrology 101 and DBHYDRO
- August 25 – The Indian River Lagoon Microplastics Project
Participants can register for one or more of the following topics by clicking the titles(s) above.
Please Note: All registered participants will receive a link to the webinar in their confirmation email All webinar recordings will be available for viewing within one week A transcript will be available as soon as possible Webinars will begin promptly at 12 PM Eastern Daylight Time University of Florida IFAS Extension is committed to diversity of people, thought and opinion, to inclusiveness and to equal opportunity. UF/IFAS Extension is an Equal Opportunity Institution.