A little about the company…
As a first-generation and family owned/operated farm, 920 Cattle & Company, LLC was founded following the September 20th, 2014 marriage of Jarrod and Becca Creasy. Headquartered in Statesboro, Georgia, 920 Cattle & Company has deep roots in production agriculture. Under the 920 umbrella includes a registered seed-stock operation with Brangus & Hereford cattle; custom meat & butcher business; fence repairs & installation; and hay production and custom baling entity. As a piece of the meat business, we own and operate a Georgia State Inspected (soon to be a T/A Inspected facility) butcher based in Millen,GA under the trade name of Fries Frozen Foods
A little about you…
We are thrilled that you have an interest in joining the 920 Family! We believe in building teams with remarkable, passionate and fervent people who are driven towards excellence. We believe in giving our employees the opportunity to grow and develop within the 920 organization and support involvement in relevant industry organizations/programs. Individuals who are hard working, motivated, self-starters, organized, team-oriented yet independent, progressive and innovative will naturally thrive at 920. After going through the information below, should you have any questions, we invite you to talk with us.
Your primary responsibilities as an Assistant Butcher for 920 Cattle & Company are to:
- Have a strong and working knowledge of beef, pork, lamb, goat and deer meat cuts, processing andpackaging for consumer preferences and industry standards.
- Be able to assist with the butcher/kill process and lift heavier slabs of meats or carcasses.
- Assist the lead butcher and the operations manager in fostering strong and loyal relationships with customers.
- Safely operate equipment that is in (and around) a butcher facility including, but not limited to: table saws,slicers, knives, grinder, patty maker, splitting saw, livestock unloading dock, etc. Training and education will be provided where needed, but a basic understanding and a minimum of novice experience is required.
- Develop relationships of trust and respect with other 920 employees, across all segments, while leveraging your influence to ensure alignment and buy-in of the overall 920 mission, goals and plans among the team.
- Work to ensure operational efficiencies by, but not limited to: ensuring adequate inventory is maintained; equipment and job sites are prepped in advance, processing is done efficiently and accurately, etc.
- Participate and engage in team meetings. Your contribution, ideas and suggestions are encouraged all the time, but especially during these team sessions.
- Help to oversee the butcher facility – materials, inventory, safety zones, equipment, resources, etc.
- Interact with customers in a friendly, hospitable and humble manner. We pride ourselves on being respectful, polite and approachable, and as such, we expect the same from all our employees.
- Assist with the retail front space (in the construction phase now) in downtown Statesboro. From time to time, you may be asked to work at this location, cutting retail cuts, stocking meat counters, transferring inventory from butcher facility to second retail space, etc. This space will be a high end, custom butcher retail space geared towards a quality-minded clientele.
- Ensure that the plant, equipment, job-site, tools, materials or other related items are kept clean, organized and well taken care of. You may be responsible for pieces of the butcher and retail facilities to ensure they meet all HACCAP requirements.
- Clean and sanitize equipment, cutting surfaces, floors, walls, counters, etc. daily.
- Work professionally with state and federal inspectors, and have a solid understanding of the codes and requirements of inspected facilities.
Our Expectations of You:
- Be eager to take initiative without being told, think progressively to mitigate and solve problems before they arise and make decisions that will align with the goals, plans and standards of 920.
- You may have the independence to make decisions on the behalf of the business and with this liberty, we expect you to make decisions as if we, the owners, were the ones making them ourselves. Your decisions and actions should align with the goals, plans, standards and mission of 920.
- As an integral person on the team, your attitude, demeanor and outlook can influence those around you. We trust that you will be able to ensure and maintain a positive, healthy, optimistic, progressive and forward-thinking mindset among the team.
- The nature of this business is very fluid and responsive to customer needs and priorities. As such, we expect that you be able to adapt quickly and ensure the team is able to adjust accordingly.
- Company culture is pivotal to our business’ core – we want or employees to feel like family, be comfortable, safe and enjoy what they do. We also recognize that our employees are what make our operation and we encourage you to promote this culture and feeling
- Be financially and fiscally conservative as it relates to company finances. Although this role is not directly responsible for financial information, you may be asked occasionally to handle money, payments, accounts receivable or accounts payable. We expect this to be done so with a great sense of security, confidence, reverence, accuracy and frugality.
- Salary is commensurate of experience and education. We also offer annual raises based on performance.
- Health, vision, dental and life insurance options.
- Annual Incentive Plan – bonus based on overall company performance and profitability, in relation to individuals contributions to the bottom dollar.
- Meat counter credits to be able to “buy” meat for personal consumption.
- Paid holiday, vacation and sick leave.
- Professional membership: We encourage our employees’ involvement in professional activities, and offer to pay for one membership fee to a relevant organization. We also encourage development in the form of conferences/conventions, and will pay for one annual registration and hotel expenses. We want you to be better for working with us, and this is one way we believe that can be accomplished.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter (including information on your strengths) to Becca Creasy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact: Becca Creasy – email@example.com
Job Type: Full-Time