Travel Scholarship to International Livestock Forum- National Western Stock Show, Denver, CO
5th Annual International Livestock Forum Student Travel Fellowships Available – Applications Due October 26, 2018
Colorado State University (CSU) and the National Western Stock Show (NWSS) have partnered to bring together industry experts for a multi-day event to discuss global livestock and meat production. The fifth annual International Livestock Forum (ILF) will be held in Fort Collins, CO on January 11-12, 2019, in conjunction with the NWSS in Denver, CO. As part of the ILF, a student-only program and tour will be provided for selected students on January 10th and 11th, as well as an additional day of student-only tours at the NWSS on January 13th.
The 2019 ILF will bring together industry leaders, government professionals, members of academia to discuss domestic and international livestock and food production. Fellows of the 2019 ILF will experience unique tours of some of Colorado’s top agricultural enterprises, behind-the-scenes access to the National Western Stock Show, and a full day of networking and interaction with an impressive lineup of keynote speakers and industry panelists. This is a premiere opportunity to engage in the future of international livestock and food production.
All undergraduate and graduate students from any university around the world, pursuing a degree in Animal Science or another agricultural field, are eligible to apply for a travel fellowship to the 2019 International Livestock Forum. Twenty students will be selected for this fellowship.
Selected students will participate in the following (schedule subject to change):
- Thursday, January 10, 2019: Welcome Reception and Industry Speaker in Denver, Colorado;
- Friday, January 11, 2019: Industry tours and ILF kickoff;
- Saturday, January 12, 2019: Impressive lineup of keynote speakers and industry panelists followed by World-famous NWSS Rodeo;
- Sunday, January 13, 2019: Behind-the-scenes tours at the NWSS
Fellowship recipients will receive the following:
- $500 voucher for fellows traveling internationally; $100 voucher for fellows traveling domestically;
- Four nights of lodging;
- All meals on Friday tour day;
- Complimentary registration for the 2019 ILF, including free meals and an impressive lineup of keynote speakers and elite industry panelists;
NWSS badge for admission during entire show; one rodeo ticket for Saturday night’s Colorado versus the World rodeo at the NWSS.