PointOne Recruiting Solutions is seeking a full-time Meat Scientist for a large-scale, family owned, custom-formulated, culinary-quality meat producer located south of Chicago.
Position includes a competitive salary, full benefits package, and a relocation package if applicable.
The successful candidate will work on a team that consists of 18 members, including other food scientists, a culinologist, and a commercialization manager. Tenure ranges from 3 years to 20 years on this team and is led by the Sr. Director of Product Development.
Ideal, qualified candidates should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Meat Science or Food Science or similar degree program
- Three – ten years meat formulation experience, including project management
- Strong working knowledge of food service and/or national account restaurant chains is preferred
- Dynamic communication skills with the ability to develop and strengthen relationships both internally and with customers
- Ability to have a flexible schedule when required
- Self-starter and passionate about continued on the job learning
Position details include:
- Developing new products and concepts for new and existing customers
- Recommending products and processes by evaluating current, new or improved processes or process aids
- Researching and incorporating new flavors, ingredients and processes into new product ideas
- Creating and editing formulas, processing procedures, finished product specifications and customer specifications
- Commercialization of new and products and successful transition from development to operations
- Occasionally visit with customers or vendors and seminars/tradeshows
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org AND cc email@example.com with the subject “Meat Scientist Illinois.” Please make your email memorable by telling us about how you match up to the Meat Scientist characteristics and what makes you an ideal candidate.