Wakulla Winter Classic Poultry Show Registration
Wakulla 4-H Registration Is Now Open
Wakulla 4-H is proud to announce that registration is now open for the Wakulla Winter Classic Poultry Show. The show will be located at the UF/IFAS Wakulla Extension Center facility in the arena at 84 Cedar Avenue in Crawfordville, Florida. Participants must be current 4-H members, ages 5 to 18.
ALL POULTRY SHOW EXHIBITORS MUST ABIDE BY ALL GENERAL RULES AND HEALTH REGULATIONS.
- All poultry must meet health requirements as specified in the Rules for Exhibition as required by the Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services.
- An Official Certificate of Veterinary Inspection is required for all poultry and domestic birds for movement into Florida, but not specifically for exhibition. Poultry and domestic birds presented for exhibition without an Official Certificate of Veterinary Inspection will be inspected by a veterinarian and/or a representative from the Florida Department of Agriculture, Division of Poultry.
- All poultry and domestic birds entered for exhibition must originate from Pullorum-Typhoid Clean flocks or hatcheries or have a negative pullorum-typhoid test within 90 days prior to exhibition.
- This show is only open to bona fide Florida Northwest District 4-H members who are in good standing, ages 5-18. This is a closed show to the public for entries.
- Exhibitors must make their own arrangements for delivery and pickup of birds.
- All entries must be the bona fide property of the exhibitor. Any individual loaning birds shall be equally responsible with the party or parties showing them.
- An exhibitor shall not knowingly show a bird that has been recently vaccinated or exposed to a contagious disease.
- The Show staff is not responsible for feed/water, and caring for the birds. It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to ensure the birds are maintained.
- No substitutions are permitted at check-in. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Poultry not groomed and prepared for exhibit will not be accepted at check-in.
- All birds must be free of external parasites.
- Unavoidable changes or deletions in entries must be in the hands of the Superintendent as soon as they occur by phone or email no later than 9:00 PM on December 1, 2018.
- Any exhibitor found guilty of faking, showing borrowed specimens, or of flagrant misconduct shall be barred from competition at that show and shall forfeit any prize or exhibitor points that would otherwise be awarded.
- Exhibitors must enter at least two specimens to qualify. Exhibitors may enter no more than four specimens to the show.
- Superintendent reserves the right to limit the number of all poultry and domestic birds each individual may exhibit based on pen space.
- No poultry may be removed without approval from the Superintendent or appointed assistant.
- The show management shall immediately remove from competition any fowl showing symptoms of a contagious disease or parasite infestation.
- Any fowl disqualified by the judges must be removed immediately by the exhibitor.
- Superintendent’s decision of breed/variety determination is final.
- Only breeds and varieties admitted to the American Standard of Perfection may compete for premium show prizes and awards. Non-recognized varieties and breeds may only be awarded individual awards.
- All poultry will be judged and awarded ribbons based on the Standard of Perfection with the American Poultry Association. Grading is performed using the General Scale of Points, or the Special Scale of Points, American Poultry Association Standard of Perfection Forty Fourth Edition.
- Exhibitor Individual Awards Schedule is as follows: First Place Blue, Second Place Red, and Third Place White. Ribbons are awarded to each specimen individually.
- The Exhibit Show Premium Awards Schedule is as follows: Reserve Variety, Best of Variety, Reserve Champion of Breed, Champion of Breed, Reserve Champion of Class, Champion of Class (American, Asiatic, English, Mediterranean, Continental, All Other Standard Breeds, Game Bantam, Single Comb Clean Legged Other Than Game Bantam, Rose Comb Clean Legged Bantam, All Other Combs Clean Legged Bantam, Feather Legged Bantam, Duck, and Goose), Reserve Champion Large Fowl, Champion Large Fowl, Reserve Champion Bantam, Champion Bantam, Reserve Champion Waterfowl, Champion Waterfowl, Reserve Champion Turkey, Champion Turkey, Reserve Champion Guinea, Champion Guinea, Reserve Grand Champion of Show, and Grand Champion of Show.
- Showmanship is judged based on exhibitor’s appearance, general knowledge of poultry, communication, and handling of specimens.
- The Showmanship Premium Awards Schedule is as follows: First Place in Showmanship, Second Place in Showmanship, Third Place in Showmanship, Fourth Place in Showmanship, and Fifth Place in Showmanship.
- The Senior Judge reserves the right to change the details and order of the premium schedule based on the number of participants and specimens in the Show. In this case, each participant must be notified of the premium schedule before the start of the Show.
- Protests may be entertained in case of apparent dishonesty on the part of a judge, or apparent carelessness that has resulted in the placing of a disqualified or demonstrably inferior specimen. The protest must be in writing and presented to the local Show Chairman as soon as possible and before the awards are handed out. The local show committee consisting of five persons including the Show Chairman and Show Senior Judge, shall make a decision which shall be final.
- The official show report must be signed by the Show Chairperson, Show Superintendent and Senior Judge.
2018 Wakulla Winter Classic Registration Forms CLICK the CHICKEN above!
Wakulla County Extension Center – Livestock Pavilion
84 Cedar Avenue, Crawfordville, Florida 32327
Check-in & Health Inspection: 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
All birds must be in cages by 11:30 p.m.
Opening Ceremonies: 12:00 p.m.
Judging Begins: 12:15 p.m.
Champion Row Exhibition: 3:00 p.m.
Awards Ceremony: 4:30 p.m.
EXHIBIT INDIVIDUAL AWARDS SCHEDULE
- First Place Blue Ribbon
- Second Place Red Ribbon
- Third Place White Ribbon
EXHIBIT SHOW PREMIUM AWARDS SCHEDULE
- Reserve Best of Variety
- Best of Variety
- Reserve Champion of Breed
- Champion of Breed
- Reserve Champion of Class
- Champion of Class
- Reserve Champion Large Fowl
- Champion Large Fowl
- Reserve Champion Bantam
- Champion Bantam
- Reserve Champion Waterfowl
- Champion Waterfowl
- Reserve Champion Turkey
- Champion Turkey
- Reserve Champion Guinea
- Champion Guinea
- Reserve Grand Champion of Show
- Grand Champion of Show
SHOWMANSHIP PREMIUM AWARDS SCHEDULE
- First Place in Showmanship – Blue Ribbon Rosette
- Second Place in Showmanship – Red Ribbon Rosette
- Third Place in Showmanship – White Ribbon Rosette
- Fourth Place in Showmanship – Green Ribbon Rosette
- Fifth Place in Showmanship – Pink Ribbon Rosette
RESERVE VARIETY – Rosette
BEST OF VARIETY – Rosette
RESERVE CHAMPION OF BREED – Rosette
CHAMPION OF BREED – Rosette
RESERVE CHAMPION OF CLASS – Rosette
CHAMPION OF CLASS – Rosette
RESERVE CHAMPION LARGE FOWL, BANTAM, WATER FOWL, GUINEA – Rosette
CHAMPION LARGE FOWL, BANTAM, WATER FOWL, GUINEA – Rosette
RESERVE GRAND CHAMPION OF SHOW – Rosette and Trophy
GRAND CHAMPION OF SHOW – Rosette and Trophy
FIRST PLACE IN SHOWMANSHIP – Blue Rosette
SECOND PLACE IN SHOWMANSHIP – Red Rosette
THIRD PLACE IN SHOWMANSHIP – White Rosette
FOURTH PLACE IN SHOWMANSHIP – Green Rosette
FIFTH PLACE IN SHOWMANSHIP – Pink Rosette
A MODIFIED PREMIUM SCHEDULE MAY BE OBSERVED DUE TO THE NUMBER OF ENTRIES.
Premium schedule will reflect the number of the specific specimen varieties, breeds, classes, and categories. If an adequate number of entries are submitted of each variety, breed, class, and category, the full premium scheduled outline in the Show’s Rules & Regulations will be followed. The Show Senior Judge will determine the final Show Premium Awards Schedule.
A copy of the final Show Premium Awards Schedule will be sent to each exhibitor before judging.
- All poultry show exhibitors shall be required to wear a green shirt with a collar, tucked neatly with a belt, blue-jeans, and leather boots. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Any exhibitor found in violation of the dress code will be disqualified from the show.
- If any of the conditions set forth in the American Standard of Perfection have been found, the judge shall disqualify that specimen and state the reason on both the coop card and the judging sheet. In any case where evidence is doubtful, the bird shall be presumed to be acceptable.
- If any specimen is identified as a cross-breed or hybrid, the judge shall disqualify the specimen.
- Any exhibitor found in violation of the dress code shall be disqualified.
- Any exhibitor found to be displaying disruptive behavior shall be disqualified.