Breakfast on the Back Forty
BREAKFAST: 8:00 to 9:00
FIELD TOUR: 9:00 to 12:00
Wild Turkey Management Workshop
Thursday, February 23, 2017
LOCATION: 1 mile south of Hwy 85 N on
Ludlum Road east of Laurel Hill, FL 32567
Breakfast will be provided free of charge but you must pre-register by February16, 2017.
To pre-register contact Billie Clayton at (850) 767-3634.
- Overview of Turkey Biology & Management – Learn about the general habitat needs of Turkey.
- Timber Management for Turkeys – Learn about hardwood and pine management to improve turkey habitat.
- Prescribing Burns for Turkeys – Learn about timing and options for burning to improve habitat.
- Roosting Habitat – Learn about and see what makes good roosting habitat.
- Nesting and Brood Rearing Habitat – Learn about and see what makes good brood rearing habitat and nesting habitat.
- Food Plot Management – Learn about food plots for turkey and methods for planting chufas.
- Tools and Equipment for Management – See some equipment used to manage the property.
- Cost-Share Programs – What is available this year and when are the signup deadlines.