Dicamba-tolerant Crops – Regulatory Changes and Mandatory Training
Attention producers planning to use XtendiMax, Engenia, or FeXapan on the associated dicamba-tolerant crops during the 2019 growing season – there have been major regulatory changes for 2019.
- Only certified applicators with a Private, Public or Commercial license with the Row Crop category will be allowed to PURCHASE or APPLY these products in 2019. That means authorized purchasers on an applicators license will not be able to buy or apply these products. No one without a license may apply these products under supervision of a licensed applicator (which can be done for other products).
- To obtain a license, an individual will need to pass both the CORE and necessary category exam (Private or Row Crop) with a score of 70% or higher.
- The Private and Public Applicator licenses – $100
- Commercial Licenses – $250
- An individual may add the Row Crop category to their existing commercial license for no cost by passing the exam with a score of 70% or higher.
- The Central Panhandle Pesticide Training Series (February 18-19) will be the best, local opportunity for producers to receive preparatory instruction and take the exams mentioned above. Follow the link for more information.
- There will be a mandatory training session on March 20 for anyone who intends to buy or apply XtendiMax, Engenia, or FeXapan during the 2019 growing season. The training session will address changes made to the labels of the previously listed products.
- The training session will be offered in multiple locations, including the UF/IFAS Extension Office in Washington County (Chipley). The training will be from 9-11am central time on March 20, 2019.
- This session is required in addition to the classes associated with obtaining a pesticide applicators license.
- This training session is required even if you attended the 2018 dicamba training.
If you have any questions, please contact Mark Mauldin at the Washington County Extension Office; Office: 850-638-6180, Cell: 352-317-7799, firstname.lastname@example.org