Tips for Eating Healthy with Your Family
Food is an integral part of who we are and impacts our lives, therefore eating nutritious and healthy food is essential. What we eat not only impacts our health in the present but also in the future. It can also influence the diets of those around, especially children. The push to eat healthy and the different methods available to do so are plentiful, however, it is important to always check with your physician to ensure different eating habits fit any health restrictions you may have. Try to find multiple articles which support particular eating methods with well-known, peer-reviewed research and not testimonial based information. In general, there are steps everyone can take to make sure they eat healthy. Here are five helpful tips for eating healthy.
Five Helpful Tips for Eating Healthy with Your Family:
- Read the food label on your food, if there is one!! There are resources online that can help you interpret the information if you have trouble.
- Don’t eat meals and watch TV at the same time. You are not focused on your food and this can lead to overeating.
- Enjoy every bite you eat when indulging in occasional foods, like desserts. You do not need to deprive or totally restrict your child’s or your own diet. This helps us learn moderation and balance with the food we eat.
- If you feel full stop eating! You don’t have to clear your plate. Save leftovers for another day.
- Eating together is a great chance for talking with each other and maintaining healthy eating habits.
For more info:
Written by: Angelica Ortega