There is an App for That!
Floridians eat nearly twice as much seafood as consumers in the rest of the nation. Market choices are more plentiful than ever, but so are questions. Where can I purchase local seafood? What’s imported and what’s local? Is my choice nutritious and safe to eat? How do I fix the fish I purchased at the grocery?
You can get the answers to these questions and more. The world of seafood just got a little less confusing thanks to a mobile application rolled out by UF/IFAS Extension and Florida Sea Grant. The app, “Seafood at Your Fingertips” is now available for FREE on iphones and android phones. You can download the app at https://www.flseagrant.org/seafoodatyourfingertips/
The Florida Seafood at Your Fingertips app for your phone or tablet will give you:
- Seafood selection and preparation tips
- Seafood facts from local experts
- A directory of classes you can take on selecting seafood, handling it safely, preparing it and sustaining our local fisheries
To learn more, register for the “Seafood at Your Fingertips” program at Weedon Island Preserve Saturday, March 15.
You will learn:
- Different kinds of fresh seafood available locally
- Benefits to buying local seafood
- Seasonality and availability of Florida seafood
- Health benefits of eating seafood
- How to prepare and cook seafood
For answers to your seafood questions, email Libby Carnahan, firstname.lastname@example.org. For direct download of the app, visit http://bit.ly/H1utsJ for Android and http://bit.ly/ICP7iw for Apple phone or tablets.