Families & Consumers
Extension Family and Consumer Sciences Programs help Florida families meet the practical challenges of daily life. Family economic stability and well-being are promoted through programs on money management and consumer education. The Okaloosa Saves program is part of the national initiative, America Saves. Programs on food, nutrition, health and weight management encourage physical and mental well-being. The volunteer group, Okaloosa Council for Home & Community Education (HCE), provide numerous opportunities for education and service in Okaloosa County.
- Managing Between Jobs
- Florida Association for Home and Community Education
- Okaloosa $aves
- Vegetable & Fruit Pointers
- Food Safety
- Money Management Calendar
- Financial Calculators
Educational Programs Available
- Presentations and material on money management, financial topics,health and wellness, nutrition.
- Publications on home, health and family-related topics
- Volunteer opportunities
- Specialized workshops on request, at any location in Okaloosa County
- Learn-by-mail series