A “Certified Food Manager” is one who has passed a written certification test, which has been approved by the Florida Department of Professional Regulation, which demonstrates a basic knowledge of food protection practices.
Food service establishments as defined in Section 381.0072, Florida Statutes, are required to meet manager certification requirements, unless otherwise exempted. All establishments required to have a certified food manager shall designate, in writing, the food service manager or managers for each location. The establishments include, but are not limited to:
- Public and Private Schools using a contracted food service provider (i.e. food workers not employed by the school)
- Fraternal organizations
- Mobile Food Units and Caterers that are required to maintain a Department of Health Food Sanitation Certificate
- Detention facilitiesEstablishments that have three or more employees at one time engaged in the storage, preparation or service of food, must have at least one certified manager present at all times when these activities are taking place.All other establishments (general populations with two or less employees) must have a certified manager or managers responsible for all periods of operation but the manager or managers need not be present at all times.
Food Manager’s Certification class and exam is being offered by the University of Florida/IFAS, Nassau County Extension Service. A four hour review of food safety practices is followed by a two hour exam. A passing score of 75% is required to receive your food manager’s certification. UF/IFAS, Nassau County Extension Service is an approved food safety instruction and examination site.
Upcoming class and exam
- Wednesday, September 29, 2001
- 9 am to 5 pm
- Yulee County Building 86026 Pages Dairy Road, Yulee, Florida 32097.
- Class and Exam $110 plus $8.33 processing fee
- Class, Exam, and Book $165 plus $11.68 processing fee
To register contact Meg McAlpine (904)530-6359; email@example.com for more information.
“Extension programs are open to all persons without regard to race, color, sex, age, disability, religion, or national origin.”